Monday 24 October 2011

LISA CURRRIN ART WORK






Artist’s Statement

Art is the passion of my life, in any form that it presents itself; it is an extended expression of me.
My work is like the narratives and maps of my emotions and experience throughout my life; my creativity acts like a filtering system throughout my journey, the works containing symbolic imagery of memory in present time.

I enjoy the way that I can communicate without speaking a universal dialogue that can portray an expression and emotion through something visual and this is out there - open for anyone to interpret.

I like to create an atmosphere as this is something I am drawn to and has a considerable influence on me.
I have always had intense dreams and emotions to things; I’d say that this plays a big part in my creative expression, as a lot of my paintings have a dreamlike quality and portray an emotional essence.
 Dreamscapes wandering into the land of the subconscious, then there is the more physical side of creating that I enjoy, being so involved in the process of making something that you are completely in the moment, a meditative quality that helps me to keep a sense of equilibrium.   


LISA CURRIN   PERSONAL    DETAILS


 
Place of Birth, Auckland, NZ     


Education/Training
2001 Honours Fourth Year / Hungry Creek Art School / Painting

2000 Year Three / Hungry Creek Art School / Diploma in Sculpture
1999 Year Three / Hungry Creek Art School / Diploma in Painting
1996 Diploma in Makeup Artistry, Renee van Cooten School of Makeup
1994 Foundation Year ASA, Auckland school of art



SOLO SHOWS

2006  ‘VOYAGE’ (Short Film/ Work in Progress), The Depot         
          Film Stills, Auckland Festival of Photography
2003  James Wallace purchased painted screen for his public collection

2002  LOVE IS..., The Small Dog Gallery, The Depot, Devonport
 2002  Red Herring Gallery, Auckland2001  FLUX (Solo Show), Chiaroscuro Gallery, Auckland


 

 GROUP SHOWS

2008  OCCUPIED TERRITORY II
          Fine Line Gallery Matakana [Garry Currin & Barbara Cope]
2005  Feature Artist, Hungry Creek Art Gallery May ‘05
2001     THE 3 C’s ( Lisa, John & Garry Currin), The Depot Art Space, Devonport
          Feature Artist, Albany Arts, April ‘05
2001  2 CATS ART SHOW, The Depot Art Space, Devonport
2000 Graduate Show, Hungry Creek Art School,  SPECIMEN, ASA Gallery, SUBTOPIA, ASA   Gallery
1999  Third Year Group Show, Hungry Creek Art School
1997 Small Works Show, Depot Gallery, Devonport


http://www.thebigidea.co.nz/profile/lisa-currin/32891


https://profiles.google.com/107208540633226161222/about?hl=en




1 comment: